We are looking for a talented and passionate intern who is open to learning about event planning, fundraising, and non-profit outreach for a great cause. The Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation is focused on making lung cancer a chronically managed disease by 2023. The foundation is located in San Carlos California. based in location. You will shadow the position.
Your involvement in this internship will govern the official launch and adoption of Leaders in Cancer Next Generation (LCNextGen). We’re determined to be a youth-led internship and advocacy program inspiring young leaders to get involved in policy and research, raise awareness, and fundraise for adolescent and young adult (AYA) cancer (ages 15-39).
LCNextGen’s ultimate goal is to educate the general public on the needs of AYA cancer; enhance youth involvement in advocacy and the impact they can have in their future societal roles; build partnerships with experts, professors, and institutes; and act and advocate on issues through social media, statements, events, campaigns, and other initiatives.
- Local location candidates only.
- Completed at least freshman year in college and plans to attend full time during current school year.
- ~3-5 hours of work/week in foundation office.
- Most work will be done at home or in work place of choice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership qualities and ability to implement learned skills into self-governed programs and events.
- Interest in nonprofit work like fundraising, marketing and outreach, and event planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a wide range of people to build partnerships.
- Ability to work efficiently, juggle tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and achieve goals.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to articulate a compelling case for philanthropic support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google Office suite.
- Affiliation with campus groups a PLUS.
Sound like a good fit? Please send us a resume and a note about why you care about our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org