High-quality lung cancer screening, early detection, treatment and care can save lives. That’s why we are dedicated to working with healthcare professionals like you to improve the outcomes for patients at risk and living with lung cancer.
Our Excellence in Screening & Care program (COE) recognizes healthcare teams that are delivering excellence and partners with them to support their patients and staff. Two individual networks: the Screening Centers of Excellence and the Care Continuum Centers of Excellence, provide technical assistance and support to help sites qualify, apply and maintain one or both national Centers of Excellence designations.
There is no cost for network membership and all resources and benefits are provided free-of-charge. COE members are encouraged to participate in annual data collection efforts which demonstrate program impact and create opportunity for ongoing learning and improvement.
COE Benefits Include:
- Patient education resources cover the most current information on every aspect of the disease. Access our online publications store to order print copies.
- Special resources available through the Shine a Light on Lung Cancer program every year during Lung Cancer Awareness Month.
- Online education and support through the Lung Cancer Living Room patient support group.
- Support for patients, caregivers, and others through 1-800 Lung Cancer HelpLine and the National Lung Cancer Support Group.
Program Development & Networking:
- A subscription to a monthly e-newsletter with access to the latest practice, research, policy updates, and other pertinent news.
- Access to a private peer-to-peer online community – the Excellence Exchange – to share best practices and challenges and learn from other providers.
- Access to the Lung Cancer Patient Registry to use aggregated data as a tool to find patterns in care for improved outcomes.
- Opportunity to participate in research to advance our understanding of early stage and pre-cancerous disease, improving quality of life/survivorship, enhancing the screening process/implementation, expanding risk criteria, and reducing stigma. Visit our research pages for the current studies.
- Learning and sharing best practices and collaborating with peers at the annual Screening and Care Conference and Care Continuum Summit to learn at discounted registration pricing.
- Participate in our annual data collection survey, which includes a free (confidential) metrics dashboard of your own data and the aggregated program data report.
Program Promotional Tools:
- Acceptance letter with certificate of excellence.
- Template press release and social media posts.
- Exclusive promotional seals of excellence and materials for use on your website or at your facility.
- Visibility to patients through your listing in the national directory of Centers of Excellence for Lung Cancer Screening.
- Opportunity to participate in national advocacy to bring more awareness and research funding to lung cancer.