Gifts of Stock
Giving long-term appreciated stock offers you a two-fold tax saving. You avoid paying any capital gains tax on the increase in value of your stock AND you receive a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock on the date of the gift.
AND you are making a difference in the lives of many mothers, sons, brothers and friends.
Transferring gifts of stock before December 31 allows you to claim the tax deduction on your tax return. You should always check with your own tax adviser before making a gift of stock or securities.
- Two-fold tax savings: avoid capital gains tax and deduct as a charitable gift.
- “Buy low and give high,” and use your cash to reinvest in the market at a lower basis!
- You can gift an asset you no longer need or want.
The Process is Simple:
- Send us an email and let us know the name of the corporation (issue), the number of shares, the expected transfer date and the name and telephone number of your broker.
- Instruct your broker to transfer securities to GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer.
- We sell your securities and apply the proceeds to advance our mission.
- We promptly send you the appropriate tax receipt and acknowledgement letter.
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
FBO: GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer
Account # 7WD-03551
GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer Tax ID#: 20-4417327
For more information, please contact us by email or phone at 1-202-463-2080.