Shine a Light on Lung Cancer is the largest coordinated lung cancer awareness event in the United States. Hosted by healthcare facilities during Lung Cancer Awareness Month (November), Shine a Light events bring together survivors, caregivers, and loved ones to learn about the latest research and treatment options from their local healthcare providers, and provide the opportunity to meet and support each other by sharing their personal stories.
Each November, approximately 200 separate Shine a Light events are held around the country to raise lung cancer awareness and give tangible hope to the millions living with and at risk for the disease.
Last year’s Shine a Light on Lung Cancer event…
Shine a Light on Lung Cancer are educational events that take place at your local healthcare facility during November, Lung Cancer Awareness Month. We provide all the materials free of charge – and here’s what you can expect at a Shine a Light on Lung Cancer event:
- Learn from leading experts at your local healthcare facility about the latest trends and advancements in the field of lung cancer.
- Hear from inspiring lung cancer survivors and caregivers who offer their personal perspective and advice.
- Connect with your local community of lung cancer patients, survivors and caregivers to share experiences and memories.
- Find information and resources no matter what stage you are in of the lung cancer journey.
- Ask healthcare professionals questions about treatment, coping with side effects, support groups and more!
- Learn about opportunities to advocate with us to make lasting change for our community!
“I am still in awe of how it all worked out and all the good feedback from patients, caregivers, and providers as they walked out the door.
I am truly grateful for this opportunity!”
– Catherine Finuliar, Sentara Leigh Hospital, Norfolk, VA
Stay tuned for the 2020 Shine A Light this November!
Interested in hosting an event? Fill out the form below to receive announcements and early bird registration.
Your Contribution Counts!
Whether you are able to attend a Shine a Light event or not, recognize someone in your life through a gift to the lung cancer community or host a fundraiser!